Harpswell Heritage Land Trust (HHLT) depends on the generosity of its members and other supporters to meet its expenses, manage its preserves, monitor its easements, sponsor its programs and events, and undertake new projects. Please click on the links below for more information and online forms to:
HHLT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and an accredited Land Trust. All contributions are tax-deductible.
Ways of Giving
- By cash, check, or credit card
- By a Gift of Marketable Securities (Please contact us for routing instructions and to assure proper crediting)
- By a Pledge to a Capital Campaign
- By Making a Contribution in Honor or Memory of Someone
- By Planned Giving (Please contact us for further information)
- By a Gift of Non-Conservation Property for Trust Use or Resale
Gifts of Cash may be taken as charitable deductions for tax purposes. Large gifts may need to be deducted over more than one year under IRS rules.
Gifts of Securities can yield an enhanced tax benefit; the full market value of the securities on the date of the gift may be used for income tax deduction purposes, and gifts allow the donor to avoid potential capital gains taxes that would be imposed if the securities were simply sold.
Gifts of Land for non-conservation purposes which can be sold or traded by HHLT to further its conservation work can also yield an enhanced tax benefit. As with securities, the value of the land at the time of the gift may be used for income tax deduction purposes and allow the donor to avoid potential capital gains taxes that would be imposed if the land were simply sold.