Renting Johnson Field Preserve for your Special Event
Are you looking for a scenic location for a wedding or special event? Johnson Field Preserve is a great option on beautiful Bailey Island.
You can complete a Group-Commercial Use Application Form and Agreement to reserve a date. Contact Andrea Stevens at 207-721-1121 or email@example.com with questions or to inquire about availability.
Johnson Field Preserve abuts a town-owned property that is also available for rent. You can contact the Town of Harpswell for more information.
Terms of Agreement for Use of Johnson Field Preserve
- Use of the property is not exclusive, meaning that the public is still welcome to use the property during your event.
- A payment of $175 must be made upon reservation of a date for the field. Payment of the total rental fee and security deposit, as well as proof of liability insurance, is required at least 30 days before the date of the event. The initial payment will be returned if Harpswell Heritage Land Trust is notified of a cancellation at least 30 days before the date of the event.
- At all times respect the privacy of the neighbors. Keep music volume to a reasonable level.
- Confetti, rice or similar materials may not be used.
- All rubbish and recyclable/refundable containers must be removed upon termination of the event.
- Use of the preserve includes use of the building and its electricity. Please arrange to obtain a key before your event if you plan to use the building. Doors and windows to the building are to be closed and locked upon termination of the event.
- Do not use nails, tacks, tape or other fasteners on the walls of the building.
- Open fires are not permitted anywhere on the property, including the beach. Other types of fires are permitted by prior permission only. A burn permit may be required by the town.
- Tents and toilet facilities can be set up the day before the event and must be removed no later than the next business day after termination of the event.
- All events must terminate no later than 10:00 p.m.
- The applicant agrees that any alcohol use will be guided by maturity, restraint and regard for the well being of others.
- The security deposit will be refunded upon return of the key and satisfactory inspection of the property by Harpswell Heritage Land Trust.
Rental Fees: $350 for use of the preserve. A refundable $350 security deposit is required in addition to the rental fee. Current members of HHLT are entitled to a discount of 10% on the rental fee. The member must attend the event and is responsible for seeing that the preserve is left clean and in good condition.
Free for funerals and memorial services.
Liability Insurance: Proof of liability insurance shall be a certificate of liability insurance naming Harpswell Heritage Land Trust as insured or additional insured for your use of the preserve. Commonly, a homeowner’s liability policy is expanded to cover an event at little or no cost. Speak with your insurance agent.