Winter Adventurers Exploration Kit
Hello winter adventurers! We have an activity kit for you! This kit is designed for preschool and elementary school aged children. We recommend one kit per family for a suggested donation of $5-15. It is important to us to make our educational resources accessible to a wide range of families! Several generous individuals have made donations to cover the costs of kits we will donate to local families. Please let us know if this would help your family. Send an email to Julia at email@example.com.
Please reserve yours in advance. We will let you know when your kit is ready for pick up from Harpswell Heritage Land Trust, 153 Harpswell Neck Road. Please note that we would like to avoid shipping the kits. If picking up at our office is a hardship, please be in touch with Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to reserve an exploration kit and make a donation with a credit card! If you would like to reserve a kit and make a donation by cash or check, please send an email to Julia at email@example.com with the number of kits you’d like and the ages of your children.
You can also download the winter activity ideas and scavenger hunts for free below.
The Winter Adventurers Kit includes:
- The excellent picture book: Over and Under the Snow by Kate Messner.
- A craft project to complete after reading the book: make your own over and under the snow banner. The kit includes enough materials to make two banners (see photo below). All you’ll need is a stick and some glue.
- A list of outdoor activity ideas for winter. See free download below.
- A small, waterproof pocket guide to Maine animal tracks.
- Three different winter-themed scavenger hunts (four copies of each). You can also download these for free below.
- A guide to trails and preserves in Harpswell.
- All in a HHLT drawstring backpack.